Danville Public Works reports to the Public Works Committee which meets the 2nd Tuesday of every month at 6 PM. Meetings are held in the Municipal Building council chambers at 17 W Main Street.
2-22-2016 2016 Yard Waste Stickers will go on sale on March 14th, 2016. You may purchase a yard waste sticker at the Public Works Facility at 1155 E. Voorhees St. (7:30-12pm, 1-4pm) or at City Hall 17 W. Main St. (8-12, 1-4:30pm)
- Streetlight Out: Most lights are owned and maintained by Ameren IP. Call 1-800-755-5000 or we will report it for you if you tell us the address of the light via a report.
- My Alley Is Rough: we grade alleys that have garage access and that are not the responsibility of a business. Call 431-2288 or submit a request and your alley will be scheduled when weather conditions permit.
- Potholes or other Street Condition: call 431-2288 or submit a request and we will fix it or contact you for further information.
- Tree Issues: we trim trees and remove unsafe trees in the right of way that could affect the motoring public. Call 431-2288 or submit a request for service.
- Sewer Backup: most sewer backups are blockage in the property sewer. The property sewer extends from the house to the main public line, this portion is maintained by the property owner. There are local companies in the yellow pages that clean sewers. If you think it might be a problem with the public line, follow the instructions here
- Snow Plowing: Major streets are plowed first. Once they are passable, we make one pass in the residential streets and get back to the major streets. When they are clear, we return to the residential streets for their second and subsequent passes. If we missed yours, call 431-2288 so we can schedule it. Danville snow routes.
DANVILLE PUBLIC WORKS BUILDING